1. Place Settings/Favors - Matt and I both have a huge sweet tooth. So, on the reply cards we requested that every guest include their favorite desert recipe. My mom printed and compiled all of the recipes for a desert cookbook as a favor on our wedding day.
|our place settings had alternating gifts. every other one had a tin of mints and the others had a cookbook.|
2. Personalized Menus - we had a sit down dinner where everyone chose what they ate so we had to have a way for the waiters to know what they orderd.... Personalized menus in different colors were the answer.... once again, mom you're brilliant
3. Candy Table - Have I mentioned we love sweets? We had to have a candy table... and floating candles throughout the ballroom
4. Words of Wisdom - When I got married I was teaching 2nd grade and was blessed with an artist for a class mom. Fate? I think so. She was so unbelievably kind and had all of our 7 year-olds write marriage advice. Needless to say it was sweet, entertaining and hilarious. She compiled the advice into the shape of a wedding cake and how could I not display this in my cocktail area?
5. Bridal Portrait - This one was tricky for me because I did not like my hair from the front.... so i got creative.
6. The same signs seen here were flipped over for the "Thank You." We included these in our thank you notes.
7. Random Surprise - my dad called up a groomsman to sing the fight song for Virginia Tech. (my dad is a HUGE Tech fan - more on that later)
8. Exit Strategy - my mom has been known to monogram everything, including our fake rose petals for throwing.
9. Transportation - My parents surprised us with a Rolls-Royce to leave in. Best ride of my life.