Since becoming a mom, my beauty routine hasn't changed THAT much. I am, however, much more aware of what I put on my skin (and in my body for that matter!), but I feel like I have found some pretty tried and true products that have staying power. When it comes to my morning beauty routine, well there are really two ways I tend to go, and that all depends on my plans for the day. Truth be told, Georgia and I don't leave the house every day. Scratch that - we ALWAYS leave the house, but sometimes it is just for walks down to the water or to play in our backyard. We don't always go out in public though that's for sure. So when I do, I tend to add a little make-up to the mix (my dark circles might scare strangers!). But when our plans include staying in our cozy neighborhood or maybe venturing out to my mama's house, well then I choose to leave the make-up alone and try to nourish my skin a bit more. So today I'll be sharing my "get out of the house" routine! Hope you like it!
** Also - side note - I always shower during G's 1st nap, but don't always wash my hair (I put it in a top knot and try not to get it too wet in the shower). But when I do wash my hair (usually every other day), I'm addicted to this Shampoo and this Conditioner. I choose this delicious stuff for Body Wash and moisturize myself after the shower with this good stuff and, in the summer I mix in some of this. I always let my hair air-dry unless I have a hot date later (even though the hubs actually prefers air-dried tresses!). Every few days I'll run some of this through my hair too.
And now for my morning beauty musts!
1. Kids Counter Sunscreen - This stuff is amazing. I use it on Georgia every time she goes outside and have recently started using it as my everyday sunscreen as well. It's super light and doesn't leave my skin greasy like other sunscreens do. It also doesn't make me break out which is amazing because plenty of others tend to do so. This is a must in my morning routine because my BB cream doesn't have an SPF and well, I love my BB cream. So luckily these two can go hand in hand. I have tried a lot of stuff out there, and this stuff is at the top. Purchase HERE.
2. Anytime Eye Cream - I dab this all around my eyes every morning for moisture before I put on concealer. I also have one in my purse that I use mid day if my make-up starts creasing or my eyes begin to look tired. This eye cream is the softest and best all-purpose one I can find. It does't flake away either when you add concealer over it. Purchase HERE.
3. Amazing Cosmetics Concealer - I have tried a lot of concealers. And this one seems to cover my dark circles the best. It's not thick and does't get all cakey. I've been using it for almost 2 years and don't plan on switching anytime soon! It also lasts for almost a year! Purchase HERE.
4. Marcelle BB Cream - I discovered this stuff through Sarah and am so glad I did! It gives a nice tint and provides the perfect amount of coverage for me (I don't like heavy stuff). I love it! Purchase HERE.
5. Benefit, They're Real, Mascara - I saw all of those commercials on E! for this stuff so I was dying to try it. And well, I really love it! It doesn't clump which is huge for me, and comes off easily at night with a little bit of coconut oil. And the tube lasts forever! I'm a fan. Purchase HERE.
6. RMS Lip2Cheek - I use this cheek and lip stain almost every day - even when I stay in, I'll dab some on before Matt gets home. I have it in Demure and I feel it goes with everything. I mainly use it on my cheeks but occasionally will use it on my lips too. Purchase HERE.
7. Juice Beauty Powder - I tend to have oily skin and prefer a matte finish. So, sometimes I will dab a bit of this powder over my face or at least my T-Zone before heading out the door. This isn't a must for me and sometimes I skip it. But it's nice to have. Purchase HERE.
8. Rosewater Uplifting Spray - I spray this on my face every single day, multiple times a day - right before I walk out the door, mid-day when I need a pick-me-up and right before getting in bed. It smells amazing, helps to set your make-up if needed and moisturizes your skin. Die hard fan right here. Purchase HERE.
9. Lip Sheer - I have never been a fan of lipsticks, but as I've gotten older I've noticed that a little lip color can go a LONG way. I love the Beauty Counter Lip Sheers. My two favorite colors are Twig and Rose. Purchase HERE.
Tomorrow I'll be sharing how I try to nourish my skin a little more while staying home!