|photo credit : meredith|
10 Little Things I've learned this week.
1. You should never have to make excuses for or justify a glass of red wine. It is and will always be, acceptable at any time of the day. Yes, even at 8 am. Some days call for that.
2. Home manicures are never the same. They just aren’t. Even when I try and use the cuticle thing on my own and put the foam wedge between my toes, it doesn’t come out the same. And it never lasts as long! Ugh – nail people you have perfected your art.
3. God is so smart. I am not. That’s all I have to say about that.
4. No tea or coffee can ever compete with Hot Chocolate.
5. House hunting makes my heart race. Not in the good kind of excitement race – but in the anxiety-filled, sweaty palms kind of race. Especially since Matt and I have been undergoing such torture for about 6 months. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
6. You are never too busy to notice the sunset. Just stop. Smile. And thank God for sharing such beauty with us. Cotton candy skies never get old.
7. Comparison really is the thief of all joy. Share in each other’s happiness but do not be jealous. Instead be grateful for their blessings as well as yours.
8. Taylor Swift’s new CD is addicting. No apologies needed. I’ll be blaring it in my kitchen for the next few months.
9. Whoever invented Uggs deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. They are that cozy.
10. My final revelation? Blog friends are real friends. I didn’t know exactly what would come of Gratefully Inspired when I started it back in March. But I have met some of the most incredible women through this here blog of mine. Friends that offer sincere support and encouragement. Friends that I will one day meet in person I just know it. Friends that I share bits and pieces of my life with and then enjoy when they share back. I love my little blog community. Thank you for teaching and loving and supporting and laughing and crying all at the same time when I need you to.
I also want to say welcome to all of you Across the Pond readers who have traveled over. Hope you’ll stay awhile. Not sure where to start? Try here, here and here. And please leave a comment below so I can meet ya!
Find me here: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | Subscribe