Since becoming pregnant I have had to re-do my skin care regime – which I have found has been a bit more challenging than I thought. My skin is prone to breakouts and salicylic acid does wonders to keep my pesky breakouts at bay. However, when you’ve got a bun in the oven salicylic acid is a no-go. Hmmmm. Next challenge. Retinol (or Vitamin A). I have been a devoted user for about a year before coming pregnant and I love it. I use SkinDeep Vitamin A and it is a miracle worker – evens skin tone, prevents aging, helps with acne. I mean I’m in love. However, bun in the oven = no retinol. So I’ve had to search for other products that are safe for me and my babe during this time in my life. And here is what I’ve found. Got any suggestions? I’d love to hear them!
1. Mario Badescu Oil Free Lotion – I use this every morning. It’s oil free so it doesn’t make me break out and it sets in nicely, leaving me grease-free! And it already has my SPF for the day. Boom. Easy and simple. If I know I’ll be heading to the beach or going outside a lot I’ll use Joise Maran Argan Moisterizer SPF 45 on top as well.
2. Dermadoctor Wrinkle Revenge Nightly Recovery – I love a good night cream. Before getting pregnant I was pretty dedicated to my Vitamin A cream every single night. Well, any form of retinol is a no-go when you’ve got a bun in the oven and I struggled to find something that would still even out my skin tone while preggers. Enter this stuff. It’s pregnancy approved and feels so good on my skin at night. It’s super light and moisturizing and has really helped with my dark spots during pregnancy. I love it. Love love love.
3. Alba Face Mask – I love a good face mask. And during pregnancy I have needed one at least once a week, partly for my relaxation and partly for my acne-prone skin. This one is organic and works. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and fresh. I’ll usually put it on about mid week at night before bed. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse and follow with my Dermadoctor.
4. Juice Beauty Tinted Moisturizer – I don’t use this every day, but I’m not a fan of foundation at all. Liquid foundation usually leaves my skin feeling oily, shiny and eventually leads to break-outs. But every now and then, say on a Friday night, I want a little more coverage than my usual powder and bronzer match-up. So I use this. It gives me a little coverage while also giving me great moisture. Doesn’t leave me feeling greasey and sometimes I wear this alone with a little blush for a more dewy look.
5. Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion – I have found that using a toner has been key throughout my pregnancy. It helps keeps breakouts at bay and gives me a “cleaner” feeling. I love this toner and use it every night after washing my face and before putting on my Dermadoctor.
6. bareMinerals Warmth – I’ve been using this stuff for years. It’s the perfect bronzer for me and I usually just wear it right over my moisturizer for an easy, fresh, every-day look when getting ready for work. It doesn’t clog my pores and it goes on even.
7. Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser – I use this face wash morning and night (at night time with my Clarasonic). It’s moisturizing and gentle and does the job just right. My face is never left feeling dry or stripped away, just soft and clean.
So those are a few products that have been on my go-to shelf over the past 8 months. I’m slowly trying to make over my beauty routine into all natural and organic products but that has been tough. I would love any recommendations or to hear about YOUR beauty favs! Also, anyone have a good eye cream they recommend? I need!